Meat Cutter Job Summary
We are looking for a Meat Cutter with exceptional butcher skills to join our butchering team. In this role, you break down beef and other meat products into various cuts before weighing out portions to sell. You also help prepare specialty items, such as sausages and cured meats. You must follow all refrigeration safety and manufacturing sanitation guidelines.
Family owned processing plant. https://www.marbled.com/
- Cut beef or quarters of carcasses into primal cuts for further cutting, processing or packaging, De-bone meat, Cut meat into specific cuts for institutional, commercial or other wholesale use.
- Working with animal blood and various parts/contents of a butchered animal
- Receives and fulfills custom orders.
- Packages and labels meat to indicate cut, grade, preparation date, best-by date, and other relevant information.
- Maintains the sharpness, cleanliness, and sterilization of knives and tools.
- Ensures preparation areas are kept clean and sanitized.
- Closely follows all safety and sanitation procedures.
- Wear Personal Protective Equipment (i.e. safety glasses) as provided by the Employer
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Thorough understanding of types, cuts, and preparation methods of meat.
- Understanding of, or ability to quickly learn, applicable food handling and sanitation requirements.
- Ability to use knives, scales, and other implements safely and with precision.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Ability to concentrate on a singular task.
Education and Experience:
- High school Diploma
- Completion of a program in industrial meat cutting or 1 – 2 years’ experience as an industrial butcher or trimmer is required.
- On-the-job training provided.
Work Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- Work in a variety of environments including wet, humid, cold, hot, inside or outside.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at times.
- Excellent hand-eye coordination.
- Repetitive tasks, Physically demanding, Manual dexterity, Attention to detail, Bending, Crouching, Kneeling.
- Noisy, Strong Odors, Hot, Cold/Refrigerated.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Pay Competitive DOE
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401K with matching
- Vacation and Holidays
- Full and Part-Time positions available